Friday, July 9, 2010

Check It Out!

I am so excited!  I have been looking for a website that would give me detailed book reviews for the books my kids want to read, but have not been able to find one.  It's made it very difficult and time consuming to choose which books my kids are allowed to read.  Finally, my husband said, "You should just do one."  And I just laughed and thought, Yeah, I'll just do that in my spare time.  But then I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Ideas and layouts kept swarming around in my head.  Finally I called my friend Lark; she would either talk me out of this CRAZY idea, or jump on the band wagon with me.  She jumped!  With both feet no less. 

So this is me, introducing our new Book Review Blog.  I have a couple more friends I need to talk into joining us, but until then, Lark and I will hold down the fort.  Our format is similar to Plugged In Online, the BEST place to go for movie review.  Our goal is to post a new book review every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  We might not be able to do three a week in the beginning, but we're sure going to try.

We won't be reviewing classic literature, you can find those reviews most any where, and hey! they are classics for a reason!  We will do both secular and Christian novels, for preteen to older teens, male and female.  Pass the word along to anyone you may find this helpful, we'd love to see their smiling faces on our sidebar.

So stop on by Check It Out on Monday for our debut review.  Lark has picked a great book to start out with.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Dori (and Lark)!!! What a great idea and what a sweet, aDoring, supporting husband you have! I have Checked It Out, and I love the format. I wanted to be your first follower, but I see that your sweetheart and your daughter beat me to the punch. Now I have to go follow her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Yah, Dori and Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Sometimes you just have to do it yourself. Kids In Mind is another good movie review site, by the way. We always go there to check out movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids In Mind... I'm gonna have to goole that one! Thanks, Jenn. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea! Lots of reading time I'm sending both your ways!! If you need a book reviewer just let me know!!

    ReplyDelete