Thursday, June 11, 2009

Myth Buster

All my life I have heard that "Bad things happen in threes". I have had the privilege of debunking that myth in the last few weeks. Here is the list of damages since my husband left to do a job out of town 11 days ago.

First, the refrigerator and microwave stopped working. We plugged the fridge into an extension cord and it works again so, it must be the outlet. Then a few days later, the door handle to our main bathroom broke. It could be used from the outside, but if you were inside, tough luck for you-have fun spinning the handle. So Meghan took the handle off completely and now the kids stuff toilet paper in the peep hole and use part of the handle to open the door. One of them often forgets to bring the little metal "key" into the bathroom with her and so finds herself screaming out the peep hole for someone to help her. Then the lid to my toilet broke. Now, it's not completely off, just one hinge snapped in two so, it's all wobbly and sits sort of catty-whompus. After the lid broke I laughed and said, "Well, you know, bad things happen in threes. At least that's over."

Today is the big day. It's the day of baking and decorating for my 10 year old's big spa birthday. (I will post pictures of the decor and the party on Saturday) There is a ton of stuff to be done. My youngest daughter decided to wake up at 6:45 this morning and has since been a horrible, grumpy, whiney, cry-baby. I thought about taking a video to post for all of you out there who think she is just so adorable and never cries. Let's see if you still think that when the snot is running into her mouth because she won't quite screaming at her brother every time he looks at her.

So while I am trying to get her cleaned up after dumping most of her oatmeal down her clothing and she is still screaming in my ear, my middle daughter calls out from the main bathroom, "Something's leaking".

My second daughter says' "Oh, yeah, I saw that yesterday."

I am hoping that it's a bottle of shampoo or cleaning product that hasn't been closed all the way, but no. The pipe under the sink is drip, drip, dripping away. I have them clean out under the sink and put a bucket under the pipe.

Now if you count the screaming daughter (which I consider a VERY bad thing-the screaming, not the daughter) that's 5.

Myth Busted.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: Jeff may read this! You may want to remove this post and re-post it after your "knight-in-shining-armour" returns home! ;-)

    Too, too funny!

    ReplyDelete