Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome, to Spa Kennedy

(This was written on Saturday the 13th, but not posted until Monday the 15th.)

It's the day after. My back hurts, my feet are swollen and I am still smiling over the memory. My third daughter turned 10 yesterday. We don't give our kids big parties every year, we try to keep it just to the "big" birthdays. I consider turning 10 one of the big ones. It's the first year in double digits; not quite a teen but, too big for birthday hats and pin the tail on the donkey.

This year, with the help of a friend I planned a Spa Birthday.

I told Kennedy that she could invite five girls over to be pampered for the day.

Inside the invitation read: In celebration of 10 fabulous years, a reservation has been made in your name at Spa Kennedy Friday June 12 from 11:30 until 3:30. Confirm your registration by calling Dori.

The back of the invite gave our address. I also made VIP cards to include in the invitation that said: Your appointment will include Summer Facial, Mini Pedicure, Hand Massage and Young Ladies Lunch at Spa Kennedy's The Table Restaurant. VIP Pass Valid only June 12, 2009.

Each station we planned had a name; Spa Kennedy for the facials, massages and pedicures, Spa Designs Studio for creating their barrettes and hand bags, Spa Cafe where they got their spa snacks and The Table Restaurant where lunch was served. I hung some sheer drapes that I had between rooms where possible.


When the girls arrived, they went to Spa Cafe and ordered their snacks and got bottles of water that my sweet friend had decorated for me with the Spa Kennedy logo.


Then I told them what their appointments were. My sister-in-law and her two daughters came to lend a hand with pedicures and massages. Some girls started with Pedicures while one girl had her hands massaged and other the two girls who were waiting for their massage chatted in Spa Cafe. I found little pedicure sets at the dollar store and they were the colors I had chosen for the party so, I bought one for each girl. They were able to take them home after they used them for their pedicure.


After the first round of pedicures we went to Spa Designs Studio where the girls decorated purses and made darling flower barrettes.


From there, they were taken to their seats at The Table Restaurant where they ordered Italian Sodas and their choice of Soup or Salad. The lunch menu was Mini Quiches, Shoestring Veggies and Fruit Salad with Celebration Cake and Ice Cream for dessert.

After lunch, the girls ate cake and ice cream and Kennedy opened her presents. Meghan made the cake and it turned out fabulous!

Now it was time for the girls to get their chocolate facials. This was such a blast. The girls had a great time and afterward kept talking about how smooth their face felt. I may even try this on myself someday.



We finished up the day with the second round of pedicures and hand massages then everyone settled down to watch Kit Kitteridge until their parents arrived. All in all it was a fun day. The girls had a blast and I am sure this is a birthday that Kennedy and her friends will remember for a long time.



This is the first time I have tried doing a party this elaborate, but it was absolutely worth all the work. Now it's time to start thinking about Meghan's Sweet 16 this December.


Thanks for visiting Spa Kennedy. We hope we see you again.


3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! What a wonderful party for a 10-year-old princess! Good job, Ma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dori, what a great party! You have nearly solved a mystery for me as well. There was a purse, that looks surprisingly similar to the one you have in the picture, in the trunk of my car. I found it in the gym Saturday after the VBS prep day. Now I can narrow it down to three of the girls on the guest list and one phone call will reveal the truth of the matter!

    I absolutley love the cake, it looks just like the girls when they got all chocolated up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really out did yourself this time kiddo. Everything looks fablous. I want a Spa Shannon for my 50th ok?? You can start planing now.
    Sure wish I could have been there! Love you.

    ReplyDelete